Can I disable personal workspace when members join a Team?

Hi,
Many team members continue to create collections in their personal workspace and share using the public link. This defeats the purpose of team workspaces. When a team member leaves organization and if they have not shared the collection, this becomes a problem.

Can we disable Personal workspace or can Admin get access to all of personal workspaces when joined as a team member?

Thanks
Sanjay

Hi @smelina

Welcome to the community :wave:

The data in the personal workspace belongs to the user and these functions are independent of the team due to which disabling or accessing personal workspace isn’t possible for a Team Admin. The few workarounds here are to encourage users to build collections in team workspace or ideally ask users to share the collections with the team as below.

This is comparatively easier and this will also retain the collections with the team when the users leave the organization.

We do this already… I was planning to avoid scenarios when developer does not share a collection and support person needed this collection to support a PRODUCTION issue…

So my new question would be what is the behavior of the shared collections when a team member deletes from his/her personal workspace? Will the shared collection get deleted too?

Thanks

Sanjay

Unfortunately, we do not support the option to disable personal workspaces. Feel free to file a feature request as a “new issue” in our GitHub issue tracker. This is how our Product team keeps track of what is most important to our users.

what is the behavior of the shared collections when a team member deletes from his/her personal workspace? Will the shared collection get deleted too?

Yes, if the collection owner deletes the collection either from his personal or team workspace, the collection gets deleted.

However, once shared with a team workspace, the collection is owned by the team, which means that the collection remains in the team workspace even if the team member leaves the Postman team.