Unable to Download Postman

There appears to be a major bug on the Postman website. The download buttons are not working on the downloads webpage. I am using Windows 10; this bug may or may not be specific to Windows 10. Does anyone know an alternative option for downloading Postman version 7.25.0?

1 Like

Hi @sgrune_uhc

Thank you for reporting. Although we couldn’t replicate the same on Mac - will need to replicate this on the Windows machine and confirm the same. Meanwhile, you can download the application from the below links:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

The above mentioned link is not working

1 Like

The latest version of Postman can be downloaded directly from our website:

The download link is not working. tried with a windows 11 OS in both Edge and Chrome. Is there an issue ?

The same here, I work on Windows, and I’m not able to download or use the links provided above. They all give a 404 page.

Hey @descent-module-oper9 / @pjonker77777

Can you confirm that you’re navigating the Postman Downloads website and downloading from here?

The direct links posted in an earlier thread message will not work. Those relate to an issue that we were seeing 3 years ago.

Yes, I confirm. This way and all the tips above give the same 404 page: Deze pagina op dl.pstmn.io kan niet worden gevonden

Er is geen webpagina gevonden voor het webadres: https://dl.pstmn.io/download/latest/win64

HTTP ERROR 404

I can confirm the same as Joni:

1. I press the button “:window: Windows 64-bit” on the page of “https://www.postman.com/downloads/”
  2. It will navigate to the page of https://dl.pstmn.io/download/latest/win64
  3. Got a 404-response back

Tested on:

• Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox
  • Windows 11 with Mozilla Firefox (the new laptop where I want to install Postman)

So it is definitely not related on the client-side.

We’re investigating this on our side as we are seeing different behaviours for different configurations.

It’s fine for some users and other users like yourself are experiencing 404 pages :cry:

If you are having issues and seeing a 404 page, could you also share information about your browser and the version, please?

Chrome

Versie 120.0.6099.130 (Officiële build) (64-bits)

Of course:

System 1

Windows 11
Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.2861)

Mozilla Firefox
121.0 (64-bit)

Both Windows and Firefox are 100% up to date

System 2

Windows 10
Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3803)

Mozilla Firefox
121.0 (64-bit)

And now the interesting part:
I have tried to do the same request in Insomnia on System 2 but after 60 seconds there was a response over 100mb. After some investigating I saw it was a .exe and when the file was saved (and renamed to an .exe) I was able to open the .exe

So, I tested this with

Microsoft Edge for Business
Version 120.0.2210.91 (Official build) (64-bit)

and same result: 404

Same thing with

Google Chrome
Version 120.0.6099.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Again, this testing was all done with System 2 (Windows 10).

Hope this helps.

I can confirm that I tried from the website and tried again a few minutes ago. Still the same problem.
Microsoft Edge:
Versie 120.0.2210.91 (Officiële build) (64-bits)
Chrome:
Versie 120.0.6099.130 (Officiële build) (64-bits)
Update
Just tried on another laptop with windows 10 again in both Firefox and Chrome it is NOT working
Another observation: I see that the other reporters (at least some of them) are also from The Netherlands, maybe that helps with identifying the issue

We discovered a caching issue that impacted downloads from specific geographies.

We’ve resolved the underlying issue and downloads should start working again. Please try downloading Postman again.

2 Likes

I can confirm that it is now working again, at least for me.
Thanks