Stuck with Used variables | AssertionError: expected -1 to be above -1

I am trying to complete The Student Expert training for a while now, every time I get stuck at this same error. Please help.

Collection: Student expert
Request : Check Progress : Teset collection
Error: Used variables | AssertionError: expected -1 to be above -1

This is the public link to my collection https://www.getpostman.com/collections/5a3db1ffbac7991ecb5e

Hey @ajinkya924

Try walking through the scenarios again from the beginning and ensure that you have completed all the ones related to variables.

By doing this, you’re going to be much better off and learning how to debug certains things by retracing your steps.

You will benefit more from doing that, than someone just telling you how to complete it.

Hey @danny-dainton
Thanks for the suggestion. I am still getting the same error. I followed every instruction word by word and step by step.

A few things that I would check on your collection:

• In the top-level Collection Auth Helper, the values have been changed from the Original Collection

• The {{training_api}} variable has an extra space at the start and this isn’t included in the instructions

• On the 2. Add match request, take a look at what Auth that is needed in there and how the {{email_key}} variable is used.

• Take a look at the response from the Get specific player request and read what it’s asking you to add to the Pre-request Script

1 Like

Hey @danny-dainton
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I glad to inform you that I completed all the Final Tests.

Thank you so much @danny-dainton

1 Like

I still could not get the test passed. Any other way?

You might need to share more details, I’m not sure what you mean. :grin:

I am getting the same error still can’t resolve with your steps given above

Hey @saurabhsuchak

I’m still not sure what you’re showing me here and the screenshots are not really explaining the issue. :grimacing:

Can you get all of the details for your collection together and create a new thread, it will save any confusion.

Hello @ajinkya924 ,

I’m getting the same issue and I have tried, read, all the instructions/steps, and I’m still getting that “AssertionError: expected -1 to be above -1”. Not sure what’s the issue. Can you help please? Thanks in advance!

Reread the steps in the instructions and check what value should be in the key field, for that Collection level auth.

Hi @danny-dainton,

I fixed the issue :+1: I think it was the “myCourse” variable that was the issue. I think I originally created it as an Environment variable instead as a Collection variable. I double-checked the {{email_key}}, and I was good there, so I like to believe it was the “myCourse” variable that was the issue. Thanks though :slight_smile: