Starting to contribute in postman(Open source)

Hi sir/ma’am,

This is Naman Vyas here. Actually I was looking for an open source project to begin contribution to open source platform. And I found Postman there. since I’ve used it( although not very much) and found this friendly environment here, I have my mind to start contributing to this project.
Although I’m just a beginner but I had my hands dirty on those technologies which is used to build these project and with your mentorship I’m looking forward working with you and learning with you.
I know, I might haven’t followed some protocol while writing this. but I assure you, this is first and last time.
I just want to know how to begin contributing provided I’m just a beginner both to postman and JavaScript too but I’m an excellent problem solver.

Thanks for giving your time and I’ll be waiting for your response.

2 Likes

Hi Naman! Welcome to the Postman community! We’re excited to have enthusiastic developers looking to contribute :slight_smile:

While the Postman application itself isn’t open source (it is built on open source), the core building blocks of Postman are open source. There are quite a few open-source projects on GitHub you can contribute to.

For a bit more information, you can read about our open philosophy. That page also has information on several areas where we invite community members to contribute, including Newman (our command-line tool for running a Postman Collection) and Postman Collection SDK (an SDK to unlock the power of Postman Collections Format using JavaScript).

Here’s even a bit more information on how we value and support community members who contribute to Postman open source projects. It really is a valued part of what makes Postman so special!

3 Likes

Hi Naman! It’s wonderful that you want to start contributing especially because you’re a beginner. @sean.keegan shared a link to our Contributor page, and I’m around if you have questions about that.

*I’ve moved this to the General Discussion category so it doesn’t get buried :slight_smile:

2 Likes