New to open source . Looking for guidance and mentoring to g

Subject: Seeking Guidance to Contribute to Postman - Excited Newcomer!

Hello Postman Community!

I hope this message finds you all well. I’m [Your Name], and I’m thrilled to be stepping into the open source world and joining this vibrant Postman community. As a MERN Stack Developer, I’ve found Postman to be an essential tool in my journey of learning backend development and mastering APIs. Now, I’m eager to give back to the community that has been a significant part of my growth.

Here’s a quick rundown of my skills:

• MERN Stack development proficiency
  • Knowledge in C++ and TypeScript
  • Comfortable with Git and GitHub for version control
  • Problem-solving skills
  • Expertise in working with APIs

I believe my skill set aligns well with the needs of the Postman community, and I’m excited about the prospect of contributing to its success. Real-world working experiences through meaningful projects are what I’m looking forward to the most.

Now, as I embark on this journey, I’m seeking guidance. While I’ve got the basics down – handling good first issues, creating and discussing issues, and contributing to documentation – I’m eager to take on more substantial challenges and contribute to larger issues.

To all the seasoned members of the Postman community, could you kindly guide me on the next steps to become an active contributor? Whether it’s about selecting the right project, understanding the contribution process, or any specific steps I should follow, your insights will be immensely valuable.

I’m enthusiastic about making meaningful contributions to Postman and growing alongside this incredible community. Also, I’m aiming to contribute as a GSOC participant in 2024, and any advice on how to prepare for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your guidance and support!

Best regards,
Neeraj Saini
Email
Linkedin Profile

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.