Can I set up a API call to automatically send me a csv file in email at a set time each week?
Maybe what I want to say is I want to send a CSV file of a response automatically to my email, is this possible
Hi @johnhritz !
Thanks for reaching out with your question. While you can schedule collection runs with a Postman Monitor or the Collection Runner, the ability to automatically send an email with a CSV attachment based on a Postman request isn’t built directly into Postman.
However, you can definitely achieve this with a combination of Postman’s features and external services.
Here’s a general outline of how you might accomplish this:
- Schedule your collection:
- Set up a Postman Monitor or use the Collection Runner to run your collection at a desired frequency.
- Transform JSON to CSV in Postman:
- In the “Tests” tab of your request, write a script to transform the JSON response into CSV format and save it in an environment variable.
- Use an email API to send the CSV:
- Create a new request to an email API endpoint (e.g., SendGrid).
- Set up the email API with the required headers and body, using the CSV data from your environment variable as the email attachment content.
- (Optional) Save to OneDrive:
- Use Microsoft Flow to trigger on an HTTP request.
- Configure Flow to save the provided content to OneDrive.
Hope this helps!