Request working in x-www-form-urlencoded but not in raw


I am testing the eFront API, specifically the [Add User to Curriculum](Build, Collaborate & Integrate APIs | SwaggerHub
I can use other ut_Curriculum__Id__AddUser).

When I am using x-www-form-urlencoded in Postman, my request is successful.


However, when I change the body to raw it is not working:

Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

I am using the API with the raw format to create a new user where it works as expected (screenshot from Power Automate).

Hi @nielf

It looks like you are hitting two separate end-points… a PUT and a POST.

A quick glance over the Swagger docs looks like the PUT’s only accept x-www-form-urlencoded body’s

Where as the POST’s appear to accept both that and application/json body’s


I see. Thanks for the input @w4dd325

However, I am still struggling with the part where I have to ender the UserId in the body.

I have added a header with key: Content-type and Value: application/x-www.form-urlencoded

Then I have tried this in the body:



“UserId”: 35

also tried adding it as a parameter in the URL:


My end goal is to use it in a Power Automate action, where I cannot enter Key/Value pairs directly, as I can in postman.

Looks like you need to pass an ‘id’ param…

I see you have ‘13’ hardcoded, add it as a param and ensure that the number is correct.

@w4dd325 the ID I have hardcoded is the Curriculum ID.

What I am struggling with is how to add the UserID in the body.

When you import the cURL command from Swagger into Postman, it looks like this:

You can grab the cURL like this:

And then just import it directly into Postman and it will configure the call for you.

It works fine for me in Postman.

However, the issue is, that I need to convert that into something I can use in an HTTP action Power Automate.

Here I can’t enter the Key/Value pairs as I can in Postman.


Looks like you need to copy out the multi-part form data, try this article:

Thanks for the link, @w4dd325.

I’ll see if I can use that approach.

I finally found a solution that works.

It is described in the second part of this blog.