Request headers are not getting sent

I set a custom header, but it is not getting sent. This has worked in the past, but I cannot recall exactly when.

The CURL code snippet shows it, but the console log does not, and the server does not receive it.

CURL:

curl --location --request GET 'http://localhost:8083/ift/api/visibility/v3/products' \
--header 'ift-temp-limit: 2' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer XXX'

Console log message:

GET /ift/api/visibility/v3/products HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Bearer XXX
User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.26.8
Accept: */*
Cache-Control: no-cache
Postman-Token: f9be2868-bafc-4454-b13b-1e526ee53adf
Host: localhost:8083
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Connection: keep-alive

Hey @jmacnaught,
Welcome to the community :wave:
This is an interesting situation. Could you share information about how you’re setting the headers, screenshots maybe?
I could try reproducing it at my end, if that helps.

Thanks,
Meena

Thanks, Meena

Here is a screen shot of the UI. I have checked the header to enable it. I usually have a variable name there, but I’m using a directly entered value in this test.

All seems fine I guess.
Could you try importing this template by selecting the Run in Postman option on top. There’s a request that sends Headers in there. If that works then maybe we can compare why this isn’t working.

The Echo request worked correctly:

So there’s probably something we might be missing in the other request. :face_with_monocle:

All my collections have been imported from OpenAPI 3.0 spec. I created a new collection and added a single request, and that request sends the header correctly. So, at this point, I can only guess that the import sets or fails to set something.

So I generated a collection from an OpenAPI spec and modified a request to include some headers. I was able to see those headers in the request under Console.