Problem with exporting collection

To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Highlight the collection to be exported
  2. Bring up a popup menu and select option “Export”
  3. In the Export Collection popup window select recommended json file and click Export button
    Expected Result - Export should be initiated
    Actual Result - Error message: Unable to export this entity. Please check the Dev Tools

Hey @zeltser59,

Can you provide some environment information about your setup please? App version, OS etc.

Any screen shots/gifs of what you’re seeing in the application would be great too. It will all help debug the problem.

Yes, I’m seeing this, too. I went to Settings, Data, Export data, Download this morning and got the same message, “Could not export the data. Please check the DevTools.” I subsequently checked the Postman DevTools Console and found nothing useful there.

I’m running macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Chrome browser 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit), and Postman for Mac Version 7.2.2 OS X 18.6.0 / x64. I have a large Postman Collections / Request set, but haven’t had problems downloading it before.

Here are the screenshots. At screen number 2 see the error in the lower right corner

Hi, I got the same issue today, it worked perfectly well until some update that I have got this morning, the update failed, I downloaded and reinstalled manually, now everything is back to normal.

1 Like

Same here. (Full year later). I was hoping to use Newman to do automated tests based off of the stuff I already have saved in Postman. But because I can’t export, I get to manually rewrite all of my requests.
But in addition to the “Could not export the data. Please check the DevTools.” error box (which I couldn’t see at first), mine also freezes for several seconds when I first make the attempt, and can freeze up to several minutes before I force quit the application.

In the DevTools console…
Unexpected return value from ipcRenderer.sendSync: null

I am having same issue today.
Postman v9.27.0 is my postman version.
it use to work fine for same system, but i am on macOS Monterey Version 12.4 Apple M1 Pro

I’m also facing same issue but it resolved using below steps,

1. Logout from postman command line interface.
  2. Close postman and reopen, magic it worked for me.
3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this.

Your solution came up in search results and also worked for me.