Postman is changing format of timestamp in request body

I am trying to test a Post request to my table in db2. The request body includes a timestamp in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.ssssss for example 2020-07-16T10:00:00.123456.

When data is posted to the table it’s adding + 5 hrs 30 minutes to the timestamp and zeroing out the last 3 digits i.e. what is updated in the database is “2020-07-16 15:30:00.123000”.

I have debugged my application and the timestamp coming into the application is already 2020-07-16 15:30:00.123000 leading me to believe that postman has modified the timestamp somehow.

Any idea how I can handle this?

Hey @maverrick5,

Welcome to the community! :rocket:

Would you be able to expand on some of the finer details of your request here please and provide some screenshots of what’s happening - Others might be able to spot something going on that you might not be seeing right now.

The POST request body with the timestamp and the Postman Console output showing the details of the actual request being sent would be really helpful. :slight_smile:

Hi @danny-dainton. Thanks for replying. I was able to handle this by changing the data type of my java variable from Timestamp to String.