Move all your collections to a single collection

Hi Everyone :grinning:

I created a postman public collection that can be used to move multiple collection to single collection, Thanks to @danny-dainton and @sean.keegan for the idea :grinning:

:gift::gift::gift: collection link : Postman

just goto to request inside the “run this in collection runner folder” goto the pre request and edit the API key , and the collection list with the UUIDs of the collection you want

Then just run the folder in collection run , and manually send the download request and goto visualize. Here you can download the new collection json :raised_hands:

you can provide the workspace name also to where you need to create the collection automatically

ezgif.com-gif-maker

postman #apitesting #apisummit2021 #testautomation

10 Likes

This is super cool! Could you share some insight on how this affects the data exchanging process process speed across requests? In other words, how does it affect space/time complexity considerations?

Or does this optimization impact data accessibility in an insignificant way?

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Thanks a lot. but… what about the inverse of this? is it possible?

1 Like

Ya can try the same , I will try to implement one ,:heavy_heart_exclamation:

:tada::tada::tada::heart_eyes: #500 + #Downloads so far :
postman-collection-url-updater - npm

Hi Linkedin Family and all Postman lovers

postman-collection-url-updater #v3 is out :heart::heart:

I have added one more utility #postman - #collection - #aggregator to the project , now you can consoilidate/move multiple collections into single collection. :heart_eyes:

just install the package and run the below command

npm i -g postman-collection-url-updater

postman-collection-aggregator -l “./collection1.json” “./collection2.json” -n “new_collection”

This will create a new collection called “new_collection” with sub collection 1 and 2 as sub folders , all variables will be added to the new_collection

postman-collection-aggregator -d “./collectionDirectory” -n “new_collection”

you can also simply pass the directory containing all the collections instead of individual files

It was a rollercoaster ride of learning:

1. Creating a nodejs cmd utility

2. Writing Github action, to run in linux, windows, and Mac

3. Creating automatic npm publish and writing Github pages

4. Writing Jest unit and system test

5. Learning Jest coverage test and Mocks

Will write an article soon with all the information

#sdet #testautomationengineer #article #postmanapi #postman #nodejsdeveloper #qaengineer #medium #javascriptdeveloper #js

2 Likes