Monitors JSONError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0

Getting this error twice in the monitor. What would initiate this error?

You get that error when the response returned from your API is invalid JSON.

Do you get this every time the monitor runs or has this only happened twice ever? If it doesn’t happen every time the monitor runs, it makes me think the problem does not lie with the monitor itself.

Allen,

This happens every single time I run the monitor. I do not get any errors in postman app, I only see this error in monitor.

Are you running it in the same environment as you are locally?

Does your request require some Auth that might not be getting set?

Are you running it in the same environment as you are locally? Yes

Does your request require some Auth that might not be getting set? No

Was there any resolution on this? I am facing exact same issue… The sequence of API requests work fine on running th collection but get the JSONError: Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0 on running the same collection in Monitor.

Hi Team, do we any solution for this issue?

I’m facing this issue intermittently and couldn’t find the reason. Any one who already faced and fixed, pls help me.

Thanks in advance!

Ram

additional info, when getting this error, there is no StatusCode and Response Body.
Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0

Having precisely the same issue:

I am running a monitor on a collection which runs a pre-request script to get a authentication token. When I send the POST request manually it succeeds. When I run the Monitor or a Scheduled Run I get this error:

Error:‌ connect ETIMEDOUT xx.‌xxx.‌xxx.‌xxx:‌xxx
JSONError:‌ Unexpected token u in JSON at position 0

All are performed within the same Environment.

Is there any more information I can provide to help solve this? Did any of the other posters resolve this?

@rapidkieron

Monitors and scheduled jobs are run from the Postman Cloud.

My first question would be whether you can access the token end point from the Internet.

Thanks Mike. Had not realised the Monitors run from the cloud. Believe that is the issue.