Is there a way to refresh collection public share link of a team workspace member who works on the same collection with me?

We have a team workspace for 3 person and working on a single collection at the same time. We integrated the collection to jenkins via newman with giving the public share link. However, public share link of the same collection is created unique for each 3 person. So, when someone make some changes, another one who’s public link given to newman needs to update the public link. Is there a way to avoid that cycle?
Thank you.

Hi @ygenc,

A better way to do this is with the Postman API. Some benefits:

1. You don’t need to make the collection public.
  2. Newman will always run the latest copy.

Reference: GitHub - postmanlabs/newman: Newman is a command-line collection runner for Postman

With respect to updating the public link, you can actually refresh this from the Share screen. It is a manual process of clicking the Update Link button.

Reference: https://learning.postman.com/docs/collaborating-in-postman/sharing/#sharing-by-link

Again, I would still recommend using the Postman API to pull the collection instead.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks a lot Kevin. I used the postman api to get the collection while running with newman, and it solved my problem.