I cant publish my collection

how to fix " we’ve temporarily blocked you from publishing documents as your content did not meet our community standars. please try again later of contact support

same case here. anyone can solve this?

Hey @dev.abdulharis :wave:

Welcome to the Postman community :postman:

You’re responding to a thread 8 months later, without any new information about your specific context.

Can you provide more details about your current situation, please?

The chronology is when I wanted to publish API documentation. When everything was ready, I clicked publish and filled out some forms. After finishing, I clicked publish again. It was successfully published and the URL appeared. When I clicked the URL, it could be accessed. However, when I refreshed the URL a few seconds after publishing, I was redirected to a 404 error page. Then, when I returned to my Postman collection, the publish button was disabled and a tooltip text appeared saying, “We’ve temporarily blocked you from publishing documents as your content did not meet our community standards. Please try again later or contact support.”

I’m wondering why this happened? What are the community standards I need to adhere to, as I didn’t receive any information regarding what I violated?

Are there any visual examples that you can share to highlight those areas mentioned here?

Did you contact support on help@postman.com to see they could look at your individual account to see what’s happening here.

Myself or the team on the Forum don’t have that level of access to view users accounts so we wouldn’t be able to give you specific reasons based on what you have done here or what the issue is with your Collection.