I have a collection with folder and sub folder, I wish to run a given (sub)folder easily from the desktop Postman application.
For eg, I have folders
- “clean & setup” which clean postman var and create all the resources necessary to execute the other folders.
- “login” which create required token necessary to execute the other folders.
Details (like screenshots):
I have postman v9.13
How I found the problem:
- Unlike collection, folder 3 dots menu don’t have a “run collection” entry.
- “Run collection”, “run order” screen does not have a way to select/deselect a given folder
- “Run collection”, “run order” does not display the folder name without moving the mouse over the request.
- “Run collection”, “run order” does not have keyboard shortcut which could allow me to quickly select a range of request.
How can we run a folder quickly ?
I wish to have:
A way to run quickly one or more folder.
- In the folder menu, a menu entry “run all request from this folder now” which just run the request in order without any prompt.
- in the runner “run order” screen, a way to select the requests by folder.
I’ve already tried:
I know about postman command line run folder feature, but I’m looking for an “in app” / UI solution.
Not sure if I have misunderstood your question but if I choose “Run Collection” I can select folder and subfolders;
I’m using Postman version 9.13.2
Hope that helps…
Thanks for your answer.
Is that the collection panel ?
When I click on a folder in the collection panel, the “folder” tab open and the “runner” tab go behind. It does not change the runner request selection.
I also have Version 9.13.2, maybe I missed an option or something…
That’s the “Collection Runner”.
Click … on the collection name > select “run collection” > tick or untick the calls you want to include.
To clarify, you don’t click on the folder you want to run, you click the parent collection.
thanks a lot for the screen recording, it really help understand each other.
I see that I did not managed to express my problem clearly enough.
if you have 10 request in a given (sub)folder, you need to click 10x to select them. I wish to click only once and select all the requests from the folder.
Ahhh yeh, I just tried it, see what you mean. I’m not aware of a way of selecting a folder in that way.
The only thing I could suggest as a workaround is to create a new collection and drag the folder into it, so that the collection runner only picks up that folder. For example;
I think folder selection within the collection runner would be a prime candidate for a feature request.
You could submit it here
@w4dd325 Thanks for your guidance !
I opened a feature request here:
alternative if the folder(s) you want to run are at the beginning of the collection:
add this in the test of the last request you want to run
postman.setNextRequest(null); // stop collection runner
For reference, @dannydainton has added two excellent examples for this in the feature request comments.