How to set and check client-side SSL certificate in monitor?

Dear all,

I have a collection running in the Collection Runner, using HTTPS and a client-side SSL certificate installed in my local postman console (which the administrator of the server has accepted).

I am now trying to run the same collection as a Monitor. I have already applied all suggestions in this link: https://learning.getpostman.com/docs/postman/monitors/troubleshooting-monitors/

The monitor runs, and I can see the request being submitted in the log. Then I receive this error:
Error: write EPROTO 139639166385480:error:14094410:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert handshake failure:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1544:SSL alert number 40

I suspect this is because the Monitor runs from Amazon Web Services (the “Postman Cloud”) and does not have a valid SSL.

My questions:
(1) How can I install my own certficate in the monitor or ensure it is picked up?
(2) If that is not possible, is there a way to check, log, or download the certificate that the monitor does use , if any? (note that just logging as follows does not list the certificate: console.log(“request unparsed in test script:”,request);

Thank you!

Hi @johndoran!

Monitors do not currently support client certificates. We have an open feature request for their addition:

If this is important for your use-case, I encourage you to add a comment or upvote. :slight_smile: