How to add a note to a Request?

Hi all,

Looking for a tip. I would like to add a note to a request. My best idea for now is to add it to the JavaScript Per-request script preceeding // for JavaScript to ignorere it.

Any better ideas?

Thanks, Frederik.

Hey @fkristensen

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing that tip :trophy:

You can use Inline Comments to comment against different parts of the request.

https://learning.postman.com/docs/collaborating-in-postman/commenting-on-collections/#commenting-in-the-app

You can also leave top level comments against the Request, Folder or Collection. :grin:

2 Likes

Sweet - thank you @danny-dainton. Do you know how to get that comment out from the Postman API?

I donโ€™t believe that those would be available through the Postman API but the API will be gaining some additional features soon (no timelines for any of those yet).

OK, it doesnโ€™t seem like it no. Thank you.

Hello, Iโ€™m a Product Manager at Postman. Can you describe your scenario more, like how you would like to fetch and use comments using the Postman API?

@ramji I have been writing manuals to document the APIโ€™s I build for mobile applications - which is a major time consumption. I have noticed that the developers building my mobile apps rarely look at the API manual/document but work primarily from POSTMAN to figure out how the API works. It would be great to provide some capability to provide notes/comments/whatever to each API that can be used to provide such documentation. If so, I would no longer need to write up large manuals.

@xpario - Are you aware of Postman public workspaces? You can use them to publish Postman collections that your developers can directly fork and consume in Postman. These collections also have built-in documentation that you can maintain and update.

@xpario @fkristensen If it is completely internal documentation, you can write documentation in http dsl supports comments, variables just like normal language.

It has support for exporting to postman , importing from postman which works in your usecase.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.