How can i customize my console log

Hi Postman Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am in the process of developing an infrastructure with reusable script environments and collections to streamline our workflows. During this development, I’ve encountered challenges in debugging due to limited control over console printing.

I would like to propose enhancements to the debugging capabilities within Postman, specifically focusing on the ability to control console prints. Currently, when errors occur, it can be challenging to troubleshoot and identify the root causes efficiently.

Suggested Features:

1. Customizable Console Logging:
  • Enable users to customize the format and style of console log messages, including text color and formatting.
  • Allow users to define their logging levels (e.g., info, warning, error) for better organization and filtering.
  1. Advanced Logging Functions:
  • Introduce additional logging functions, such as console.debug(), to facilitate more detailed debugging when needed.
  • Support nested or grouped logging for better visualization of complex workflows.
  1. Error Stack Traces:
  • Provide more comprehensive error stack traces in the console to pinpoint issues accurately.
  • Include clickable links to quickly navigate to the source of errors in scripts.
  1. Script-Level Debugging:
  • Integrate a script-level debugging feature that allows users to step through their scripts, set breakpoints, and inspect variables.
  1. Conditional Logging:
  • Allow users to conditionally print logs based on specific criteria, helping to focus on relevant information during debugging.

I believe these features would significantly enhance the debugging experience within Postman, making it more efficient and user-friendly, especially when dealing with complex script interactions.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions from the community regarding these proposed features.

Hey @technical-engineer16 :wave:,

Welcome to the Postman community :postman:

Thank you for raising these here but the best and most appropriate place to raise feature requests is over on our Github Issue Tracker - We get a number of different topics on here and I don’t want your feedback to get lost in them.

This links directly to the feature request form:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.