I fundamentally misunderstand how PostMan conveys the method to the endpoint. My endpoint is PHP code that I write. Also, header_vars and body_vars are not being detected by my test endpoint. Need to solve these mysteries to proceed. Thanks.
The issue you’re facing here is on the PHP side. With respect to headers, at least, I believe the underscores are getting filtered out because of legacy CGI variable reasons. If you remove the underscore, it should show. I suspect a similar issue might be happening with the other areas in which you’re seeing problems.
In any case, I don’t believe this to be a Postman-specific issue. If you hit the Code link on the request, you can pull up the codegen examples. You can copy the curl request and try that as a sanity check.
I tried it again and this time the underscored variable names did get through! Weird.
I found the PHP code to send the request (by the Code button).
But I still do not understand how our PHP code managing the API recognizes whether the requesting method is HTTP_Request2::METHOD_GET or HTTP_Request2::METHOD_POST.