Get PDF of API/Collection documentation without publishing

Hello,

My question:
Is there a way to get a PDF of API/Collection documentation without publishing it?
The resources are private, so publishing the documentation and printing it to PDF is not an option.
I need to find a robust solution which can be applied to a company. A feature build in the Postman covered by support will be the best.

I’ve already tried:
Preview documentation before publishing(in browser) and print to PDF - on print preview, there is info kinda “preview of not published documentation” and “warning: your documentation may contain some access token”

Edit: Even published documentation, printed to PDF(Chrome) can’t be used because it contains overlapping elements:

I printed to pdf this documentation Markdown in API Documentation

2 Likes

This is the best option I have come across so far:

Postmanerator will create an HTML API documentation out of your Postman collection file. You can then use the print option in your browser to convert that HTML into PDF.

Only problem so far, for me, are the tabs that Postmanerator creates for multiple examples of the same API. Those obviously stop working as soon as you convert it into PDF.

Only if they had another HTML template without these tabs, etc. it could have easily done the job.

For now, I am resorting to sharing the HTML document with the clients / partners instead of the PDF (along with the Postman collection). Although not a very standard approach, since everyone is expected to have a web browser on their system, at least non-technical users can also go through the document and print it without the aforementioned examples of the APIs.