Since this has been asked at least once already with no response whatsoever (e.g. here, by @jagfarrell):
I would like to request a new feature for Postman: ability to select which certificate to use in the request.
- In the enterprise we typically need to simulate calls (sometimes in the same call series) with different users.
- Different users means different client certificates.
- Currently, Postman only allows one certificate per host to be added centrally to the settings.
- This means that we are limited to one client certificate per host for ALL workspaces.
- (Certificates should not be associated to hosts but to users, in fact)
This is solved in simpler tools such as the Advanced Rest Client by MuleSoft from Paweł Uchida-Psztyć, which allows the selection of one certificate per request from the list of certificates in store without linking them 1:1 to a host:
Thank you very much in advance for considering this!
Let me know if you have questions or concerns.