Desktop agent getting SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN error

Your question may already have an answer on the community forum. Please search for related topics, and then read through the guidelines before creating a new topic.

Here’s an outline with best practices for making your inquiry.

My question: Trying to use Web version of Postman and have downloaded and installed Desktop Agent. From Windows Task Bar Desktop Agent is shown as listening on port 10533, but Disconnected. Logs show repeated errors while checking for update indicating there is a self-signed certificate in chain. Desktop Agent cannot be used in Postman web. How can I get beyond this?

Details (like screenshots):

Postman_Desktop_Agent_Menu

[84088][1673964649640][main][info][“WebsocketAgent~start - Listening on port”,10533]
[84088][1673964649688][main][warn][“Error while checking for update”,{“error”:{“message”:“request to https://dl-agent.pstmn.io/update/status?channel=stable&currentVersion=0.4.10&arch=64&platform=win64 failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain”,“type”:“system”,“errno”:“SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN”,“code”:“SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN”},“status”:1}]
[84088][1673964649689][main][warn][“Error while checking for update”,{“error”:{“message”:“request to https://dl-agent.pstmn.io/update/status?channel=stable&currentVersion=0.4.10&arch=64&platform=win64 failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain”,“type”:“system”,“errno”:“SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN”,“code”:“SELF_SIGNED_CERT_IN_CHAIN”},“status”:1}]

How I found the problem: Simply downloading and installing Desktop Agent.

I’ve already tried:

2 Likes

Have you been able to resolve this?

I’m having the same error after installing the Postman agent on my work pc for use with a local environment. I will start researching this today and update if I have any success. The first thing that I am going to try is setting up the agent on one of my home workstations to rule out network or device security related to my company.