Describing example response data

Literally just started using Postman for the first time a couple hours ago so very well could be missing something. I am creating documentation for an existing API. Setting up the key:value pairs along with the description in the request is great, and exactly what i’m looking for; very intuitive.

I’ve made some example responses as well, but I’m surprised that there doesn’t seem to be any way to add a description to the key:value pairs in the response. How is this supposed to be handled for documentation purposes? Some responses may have different error codes that mean different things, they may have specific data formats the user should know, or the meaning of a particular field just may not be immediately apparent at first glance. I did find some older posts here and other places with people asking similar things a while ago, but no real resolutions that I could find yet.

Any thoughts for best practices here? The only thing I can think to do is to put all the response descriptions in the overarching request description field, but that doesn’t feel very efficient. Any other options?

Thanks in advance!

Are you doing this through an OpenAPI3.0 spec?

How are you building up the documentation?