Day 2 Postman Challenge: AuthenticationError. Invalid API

Hello, I am stuck on day 2 for hours now. I have an error “{“error”:{“name”:“AuthenticationError”,“message”:“Invalid API Key. Every request requires a valid API Key to be sent.”}}”. I have generated a postman api key and it still gives the same error. Can someone help, thanks in advance.

Here is a link to my public workspace:
[Postman]

You seem to have the authorization set at the request level, but it doesn’t appear that you have the value set to the environment variable. {{postman_api_key}}

A key troubleshooting step is to use the console log and see what was actually sent in the request.

It should show you undefined or a blank value for that header.

Thank you for your response. It fixed one error and caused another. I have this error when I run, “{“error”:{“name”:“instanceNotFoundError”,“message”:“We could not find the collection you are looking for”}}”.I have entered the correct collection ID

That would suggest that the Collection Id that you have used in the request is incorrect.

Check that you’re using the correct id in the {{collectionUid}} variable. This should be the one from the top level collection.

Reiterating what @michaelderekjones mentioned, always check the Postman Console to see what you have actually sent in the request.

A key troubleshooting step is to use the console log and see what was actually sent in the request.

Thank you it did work. I wasn’t using the correct collection id from the top level collection. I also appreciate you and @michaelderekjones for giving me the tip of using the console.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.