Creating body variants for request?

I’ve got a number of endpoints that can take different body variants depending on what I want to do. Is it possible to create a single request and have a dropdown whereby I can select the body request I want to send?

Hey @ghesp :wave: Welcome to the Postman Community :tada:

As I understand it, you would like to change the body of a single request without duplicating the request, correct?

In that case, you may be able to make use of environments. So essentially, you would create multiple environments where you define a specific value for a given variable that you use in the body, and select a different environment to pass a different value to the body when sending a request.

Please let me know if any of my response above needs more clarification :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @taehoshino

That’s correct. Unfortunately we’re already using the environments to store lots of variables from various requests and responses. They’re also being used to store our API keys etc, so we can’t easily share these across the team

Hey @ghesp! Thanks for your response :slightly_smiling_face:

In that case, the easiest option would be to duplicate your request - but please feel free to file this request on our GitHub repo (Postman Inc. · GitHub) so other customers can also weigh in. Our product managers use that feedback to prioritize and add items to our development roadmap :rocket: