I started to look for cool APIs to experiment and learn Postman with. I know there are many lists. I found this one on Reddit.
From there I went to NASA and registered there. What I like about the NASA API is that once you get the key and make the query, there is a great visual reward when you execute it. Amazing space related pics. What are the steps?
- Go to api.nasa.gov and you Browse the APIs. I selected “Astronomy Picture of the Day”, APOD.
- Generate an API key, which uniquely identifies you.
- Copy the http request,
https://api.nasa.gov/planetary/apod?api_key=DEMO_KEYand paste it into Postman
- You can replace the DEMO_KEY with the actual key.
- Press Send and run the GET command.
- Voila in the result you will get the url for a beautiful image of the day. Mine is below.
There are so many variables you can play with including COUNT etc which eg if you set to 5 will show you 5 pics.
Enjoy and happy API and Space exploration.