About the The Postman Hack category

This is a place to ask questions about the Postman Hack. Hack with our 13 million+ community using Postman public workspaces for a chance at $100,000 in cash prizes.

5 Likes

Hey this is overwhelming !! :blush:
I am excited for this hack !!

This one looks fun. I have been using postman for a while now but I never knew about the many other features it has! I am learning a lot with this one :heart:

1 Like

So glad everyone is excited!! Thanks for seeding the discussion @hannah.neil! I will be seeding some other conversations here, so stay tuned! And if you have any questions feel free to hit me up here, or personally on Twitter @apievangelist!

Hi @kinlane, I’m building something which focuses more on the frontend and comparatively less on the API side. My question is, will judging criteria will be more favorable to the project idea(which has a lot of frontend) or utilization of Postman workspace(I won’t be having many API to showcase)?

Hello @blizzmolt. great question. I’d say that front-end elements can play a significant role, but we will be weighting the usage of the Postman platform, components, and features heavier than external components. However, there are many ways you can highlight and include the front end in your Postman platform driven workflow – without giving you too many ideas consider how Postman Interceptor might fit in. Just a thought…hope that helps!

1 Like

@kinlane should we only develop backend or is it adviced to integrate with frontend too, according to judging criteria of this hackathon?

@ankithans1947 wouldn’t discourage the creating and showcasing of the frontend. Build it all, but make the emphasis on the APIs, automation, and workflows involved with the data, content, and algorithms behind the applications. Think hard about how you make the backend observable as a workspace, but the frontend will still provide value.

1 Like

ok @kinlane thanks for the info!

one more doubt @kinlane its mentioned on the website that “Build something that will make developers’ lives easier”. So is it the theme of hackathon or like its saying to document the api’s and all :sweat_smile:
if the project’s theme can be anything ?

@ankithans1947 I wouldn’t say that is the theme of the hack more an underlying premise of what you project could / should do. Your project theme can be anything. If an API can do it…you can do it!

@kinlane For this hackathon, can I make more then one submission? I have 3 ideas and I want to do all of them

@adambourg
https://postman-hack.devpost.com/rules
Section 8
IMPORTANT NOTES ON MULTIPLE PRIZE ELIGIBILITY:
Entrants may submit multiple Projects, but are only eligible for one cash prize and one Blastoff Prize. Postman is not responsible for lost, stolen, or undeliverable T-shirts.

Section 4
Submission Requirements.
Multiple Submissions: An Entrant may submit more than one Submission, however, each submission must be unique and substantially different from each of the Entrant’s other Submissions, as determined by the Sponsor and Devpost in their sole discretion.

1 Like

Hi @kinlane , I just wanted to verify if I understand the Postman API hackathon correctly:

• We need to (re)use public APIs from the internet to create collections and API in our workspace. And we should aim towards using Postman features creatively and efficiently
  • Creating a web application isn’t a part of the hackathon
  • We can integrate any third-party public services in the API we create

Please let me know if my understanding is incorrect or there’s something I should know apart from the hackathon rules. I’ve also been exploring the resources and examples provided.
I’m looking forward to making at least one submission successfully.

For submitting multiple projects, can I submit one project individually and others as a group?
Also, is it allowed to be a part of multiple groups? I’m looking forward to network and learn in this hackathon :slight_smile:

Thank you!

While judging the hackathon submission, will my collections be forked and tested?
I wanted to know if the test scripts/visualizations will be visible to the judges.
Thanks!

Hey I am in… Am I late ? Can anyone help me with quick things I missed :smiley:

Hi, to everyone, I am working extensively with creating API, but the question is when the project will start ?

Hi, is there a Postman Meta API? As in an api to get information about Postman, code snippets, or other api/collections etc.?

I believe Postman API (OpenAPI) - Postman Public Workspace is what you are looking for? If you look at the example Valid Response - Postman Public Workspace in the bottom right pane you can see collection.item[0].event.script.exec has the script that is associated.

1 Like