Using post man for connectivity test

Hello
I am just new to postman, I would like to know if I can use postman to measure the time needed to read/write for a database that I have used?
I know about about using the regular way by measuring (startTime - endTime()) in javascript and put my code between start and end and see the difference.

Does the โ€œtimeโ€ response in postman for post/get/delete request is doing the same?

@ah1302862 If you are trying to validate and measure the performance of your DBโ€™s I donโ€™t know that Postman would be the best tool for that.

If you want to measure the performance of your API and at some level the performance of your DB then Postman should totally be able to do this.

If your API calls provide some sort of callback or response once the DB query is complete you can validate by checking the response times to see if they are within allowable limits.

For example I have some API calls that will do a POST that inserts into a DB. I use this as an indicator of the overall health of my application, including the DB. If the response times fall outside of my acceptable limits, then I know to investigate my application. However this may not always uncover an issue with my DB.
I may end up finding issues with my applications micro-service.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions.