Using parameters in flows - path variables can't be set?

Hello, trying to do something quite simple in flows… using the Qualtrics API, I want to chain a couple of API calls to get the survey responses for a particular survey. This involves 3 API calls, with the second and third API calls taking an input which is part of the response of the previous API call. See api.qualtrics.com/6b00592b9c013-start-response-export and the API calls in Qualtrics Public APIs | Postman API Network within Export Responses.

In Flows, I want to:
(1) send the POST request to start a ResponseExport for a particular SurveyID.

• The request returns exportProgressID within the response body - which I need for the next request.

(2) send the GET request to get the ExportProgress, with the exportProgressID set to that from the result of the previous request.

• The result returns a fileID

(3) send a GET request to get the actual file that is the export. Using the fileID from the last response.

However when I try to link these together in flows (I have followed the tutorials on the learning platform), I don’t get parameters showing up so that I can add responseProgressID or fileID to the relevant requests.

On one of the answers on the forum I saw that Path parameters (which these are) wouldn’t show up on Flows. Why is this and is there a change I need to make to my set up to be able to run this simple chain?

Thank you!

Hi @sunnybun

Welcome to the forums!

It looks like you have hard-coded values for responseProgressID and fileID in your requests, if you change the values to be {{responseProgressID}} and {{fileID}} instead they should populate in flows.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.