Unable to execute data driven tests

Hi
I have created a data-driven test case pulling data from a .csv file, every time it executes I get the below error with status 0, however, if I execute the same test manually it processes successfully. Am I missing something?

POST http://{{url}}/quote

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND {{url}}

Request Headers

x-request-id: ******

x-session-id: ******

x-requester-uid: *****

x-requester-ServiceProviderCode: SYK

Content-Type: application/json

User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.26.8

Accept: */*

Postman-Token: *****

Host: {{url}}

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br

Connection: keep-alive

Request Body

The console only shows bodies smaller than 10 KB inline. To view the complete body, inspect it by clicking Open.

Hey @linda_zondi

Are you able to provide some more details about the issue, please?

Is this using the Desktop App or Postman on the Web? It looks like you’re using a variable with the request - Is these coming from an environment file?

Can you provide any screenshots of the problem to help us to see what you’re currently seeing?

Hi @danny-dainton

I am still new to postman and API testing so my lingo still needs some polishing.
Yes I have an environment variable called “url” and another one called “contractRef”
I need to call 2 endpoints “quote” to create a contract reference and “accept” to accept policy.
1st I execute the “quote” endpoint which generates a “Contract Reference” I store that in a variable called “contractRef”
2nd I execute “accept” endpoint, “contractRef” is passed as a path variable to the URL please see attached.

The process works fine when I execute the endpoints manually however, the moment I use .csv/.txt file and automate via collection runner, the 2nd endpoint fails and throws “socket hang up” error.

Thank you

@danny-dainton

Error: socket hang up

:arrow_forward:Request Headers

x-request-id: ***

x-session-id: ***

x-requester-uid: ***

x-requester-ServiceProviderCode: SYK

Content-Type: application/json

User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.26.8

Accept: /

Cache-Control: no-cache

Postman-Token: ****

Host: s***

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br

Connection: keep-alive

:arrow_forward:

The main url doesn’t look complete as the path variable is missing.

Have you tried moving that {{contractRef}} directly into the URL to replace the /: / part and saving the changes?

@danny-dainton I have changed the variable and called it {{CR}} on the URL, its pulling data from .csv please see attached console log info, the {{CR}} variable is passed correctly however I keep getting “Socket” error.

Contextually, I don’t know anything about that request and I can’t see what’s in front of you so anything I say will be guess work. :grin:

How long does the request take to return, when you run it individually? There could be a timeout issue happening.