POST Guidance for a newbie

Hi Folks, I am new to API and Postman in general. My experience so far has been around GET and parsing the data into a meaningful spreadsheet using Power Query.

I am now seeking for ways to POST data to the API to update information that is missing.

The API doc for the specific post request is here. https://developer.up.com.au/#post_transactions_transactionId_relationships_tags

I have never done this before, so I am seeking guidance for how Postman may be able to assist.
I have a list of Transactional IDs and Corresponding Tags to update.

I can connect and GET data quite easy in Postman. But POST using the API spec is where I am struggling.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @xander85 :wave: Welcome to the Postman Community :tada:

You can import cURL command available from the API doc directly to Postman app to create a new request. See this screen recording for How-to :smiley:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

That is great! It worked well!

Now, I have a secondary question. How can I replicate this for multiple POST requests?
Each Transaction is unique and I have quite a few to update. Can it be done as a batch?
I have 564 to process…

An update, I was able to write some formulas into my Excel Sheet that creates individual cURL RAW Text for each transaction/tag that needs updating.

Worst Case, I can do them one by one. However, it would be great if I can somehow do them in a single batch.

Hey @xander85,

I suppose you might be able to make use of variables and pass different values for each request.

Please refer to Javascript reference if you need help with scripting in Postman.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

Thanks! Bit over my head. I will see what I can automate with Desktop Flows to do the processes for me one by one.

Thank you again for your help. I can post tags with relative ease now.

1 Like