OAuth 2.0 is shared between all requests and collections

I create a collection and set OAuth2.0 with Grant Type to Client Credentials

If I create a new collection (or request) and in OAuth I want to set Grant Type to Authorization Code I also change the others.
Can I not have two Access Token with two different clients for her different collections (or requests)?

1 Like

Hi,

The Get New Access Token dialog allows you to get an access token from an Auth provider. The details in this dialog only apply for getting the token. Once you’ve got an access token, changing the details in the Get New Access Token does not affect previously created tokens.

If you want to use different tokens for different collections, you can just select the token from Access Tokens list.

You’ll be able to use different tokens with different requests/collections, though storing different configuration for Get New Access Token is not possible yet.

1 Like

Any update on storing different configurations for Get New Access Token? It is rapidly killing me to have to update this dialog whenever I switch projects. Sometimes the tokens are not valid for that long, so going back to use previous tokens isn’t a great workaround. Thank you!

1 Like

I’d like to support this request, all the systems I deal with use OAuth2 and token lifetime is usually <5min.
It would be of great help if I could store multiple settings to get new tokens.

1 Like

Still nothing on this?

It’s extremely annoying that you cannot save different OAuth2 client credentials sets per collection

1 Like

Any update on this ?

1 Like

How are others coping with this issue? Are they just not using OAuth2 or just given up using Postman for these connections?

I’m now using Python for all OAuth2 connections because this process just doesn’t work. well

Just updated to 7.26 and found that you can now use the {{Variable}} in the token request

I put

• CallBackURL
  • AuthURL
  • AccessURL
  • TokenScope
    in the Collection variables

and

• clientID
  • clientSecret
    in the environment variables

Still no timestamp on the tokens but you can delete them all at once

Hi! Do you have any updates about this question? The main problem for me is that I need to change the Access Token URL (and Client ID and Client Secret) every time when I change the collection (different API source) for OAuth2 type token.

Hello, I have similar issue, I have collection which jave serveral requests, but as this is flow between Buyer and Seller in the application, it requires to have separate access_token for each role. I can set one access token at collection level (for Buyer role requests) but it all stops from 100% automation, because I need to manually set it for other (Seller role requests) - any suggestions? Im desparate to be honest, thank you

You can automate the OAuth2.0 token generation via a pre-request script or through a collection pre-request script.

You can track your different tokens via different variables and use them in the requests.

I’d start with taking a look at how to generate the tokens via a script first, then we can go from there once you get that working.