Mock Server Timeout after successfully answering 6 requests

Hello,
I’ve created a public mock server using Postman. I’ve created an example and an answer and it works but up to a point.
I have a Spring application in development running a scheduled task, on the first run it’s suppose to send 9 requests but I’ve tested many times and after the 6 request, that returns successfully and is recorded in the mock server history the server just stops and my application fails, showing the following timeout deadline error (deleted the mock server url for privacy):

org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on POST request for "<<mock-server-url>>": Timeout deadline: 180000 MILLISECONDS, actual: 180011 MILLISECONDS

I’ve checked and my company has a much higher limit for mock server requests, it’s right on the Postman application and I’m nowhere near the limit, I’m also just sending 9 requests, which seems very low for any testing purposes.
I tries adding a delay up to 11 seconds between requests and it still fails always on the 7 call.
Can someone let me know whats happening?
Thanks!

Hi @gamaldonado. Welcome to the Postman Community.

I’m sorry you’re experiencing this. Can you please make a request to Postman Support using this link to enable us assist you better and look into your case more carefully?

Hi, thanks for replying. I realized this was my fault. I’m using Spring’s new RestClient and build the request without closing.

I realized the mistake when I started pointing the request to a microservice that I built and was getting the same error, the only funny thing that threw me off was Postman registering the request and response but when I pointed to the microservice the request never entered the service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.