Issue with setting Environment Variables

I was trying to follow this guide with my AWS S3 bucket already created.
In the Execute the API calls section of the guide, they tell me to get/fork the collection that they have created, and then navigate to a folder and fill out my configuration using the eyeball button next to settings.
However, neither am I able to find the eyeball button nor do I understand what they are actually asking about.

Help would be appreciated thank you.

Hey @supply-physicist-251 :wave:

Welcome to the Postman Community! :postman:

That looks looks like a guide written by a 3rd party, Postman has changed over the years and this have moved / changed - Unfortunately, these guides don’t always keep up with those changes.

The eye icon would have related the the environment quick look option, with an environment selected click on the icon shown below. If the rest of the guide is correct, they variable eyes will be there for you to add your own details:

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you so much for your answer.
I wanted to ask for one more clarification from the guide if it’s possible, in the exact step I referred to previously, they state Add your API ID and API Secret Key from steps 26-28 under the Current Value column. (Step 15 p 2). Where would the ID and secret key actually go? I was able to create environmental variables for the other variables but I was a bit confused about this step.

The Public Carbon Black Workspace has an example Collection that you can fork.

It also contains an environment that you should also fork.

There are a ton of variables in there including the cb_custom_id and cb_custom_keys.

The Authorization tab on the Collection that you should have forked is using these values so hopefully you can see how this is all linked together.

If you are new to Postman and API’s, I would recommend a trip to the Learning Centre first.

Overview | Postman Learning Center

Including the Postman Training links under “Resources”.

I would recommend the “Galaxy APIs 101” course first as it gets you used to the application features.

Then the “Galaxy Testing and Automation” course which teaches you how to assert the responses and also includes a basic example using authentication.

1 Like

Thank you so much for you help!
I’ll be sure to check out the Galaxy APIs course.

Thank you again!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.