Invalid Vault key 15 Days of Postman for tester

This morning some reason, my tests are failing I am receiving
`` "name": "AuthenticationError", "message": "Invalid API Key. Every request requires a valid API Key to be sent."
I have pass the vault key value but it says it is invalid
What can be the reason I am having this issue?

I did reset vault

it is empty now and when I will enter again new vault value but it will happen again

why I am loosing my vault key and value?

NOW I HAVE UPDATED vault value but all my test failing day 4 and day5 via AuthenticationError , Could you please provide assistance how I can sort this auto issue?

The instance can not call vault value at all although I have updated it presently how I can sort it out ?

Hey @zehraie :wave:

I don’t know if you had signed out, not opted to store the key in your password manager or anything else but the Vault will prompt you for the vault key, that was created when you first setup the vault on those occasions.

More information about the Postman Vault can be found on our learning center:

It looks like you have added a new key called x-api-key but it’s not the same name as the placeholder variable postman_api_key in the header.

Yes , when I reset vault value , I could not use the ex- vault-value and I have created the new one and postman_api_key is added and it is overwritten on it ? Now, my tests day 4 and day5 passed , can I keep x-api-key and postman_api_key both?

You only need to have the postman_api_key variable with you API Key value, in the Postman Vault. I’m not sure why you have a variable named x-api-key in there.

You need to remember that the name that you give a variable, is the name in which you reference it in the placeholder {{vault:postman_api_key}}.

This didn’t work because you had a miss match of names:

Thank you very much indeed @danny-dainton :star2: it worked now

1 Like