How to stop Collection Runner on error?

Hi Danny. I think you may have accidentally posted this comment to Kevin Swiber against the wrong forum item?

Re your initial response to myself, no I’m not using setNextRequest(null). Given the complaints I’ve read from others (see original post), surely that should not be necessary? Nevertheless, it sounds as though it might be a workaround for me.
I’m not sure what an actual example will add (other than confirming that I’m not using setNextRequest(null) ) - it either stops on an error or it doesn’t, and it doesn’t. Apart from setNextError, my expectation would be that it’s the configuration of the Collection Runner that one should be concentrating on rather than the test scripts - behaviours such as this should if anything be managed by configuration surely. But I can’t find a configuration option of relevance.

That said, I can see that one might want different behaviours in the event of different queries failing. Queries that have no interdependencies and are merely being run as a batch for convenience should allow the collection to keep going - it’s only queries that are dependent upon the result of previous queries that need to be interrupted. That being the case, it now seems reasonable to me that the collection runner should keep running by default. I should inject some code into the Pre-request Script of any query that has prerequisites in order to check that the pre-reqs have been satisfied before allowing the query to run. In that case how would I prevent my script running at that point - I’m assuming that setNextRequest only takes effect upon the completion of the existing request rather than causing it to be bypassed?

Regards,
Michael

[EDIT] Yes I’m correct in my assumption according to this post: How to explicitly stop calling a request in postman through pre-request script? . And it shows no solution either. It looks as though I have no choice but to use setNextRequest in the Test Script of the first test in order to bypass the dependent test. That’ll do.