How to nest params?

I am trying to configure an API call with a nested array, but I’m unable to figure out how to properly configure my parameters so that the Items and Properties appears as they do in the sample below. I can’t quite figure out how to next Items > Item > Properties > Property

The XML looks ok to me (at a quick glance that is).

Using SOAP requests | Postman Learning Center

Not 100% sure what your questions is?

Are you talking about the formatting of the XML (which surely comes from the API specification)

Or are you asking how to parameterise a particular element in the XML?

What have you tried so far?

On a side note, those are nodes, not arrays.

1 Like

Hello, thank you so much for your reply. The XML sample is a sample from the third party to which I’m connecting. The problem I’m having is how to format the params in Postman, so that it outputs this type of XML array within an array. This is my current attempt which is not working. I feel like I’m close, but I don’t quite know how to enter the Key params.

The params tab is for basic http requests.

You need to set the XML in the body of the request.

For REST\SOAP, you have to set the request to RAW and use the drop down type to select either JSON or XML. (In your case, XML).

The sample you have provided appears to be a request example.

You need to copy the XML into the body.

Initially, just hardcode the data you want to send. You can parameterise it once you have the request submitting correctly.

To parameterise the request, you will need to add your values to variables (either collection or environment).

Using variables | Postman Learning Center

These can then be referenced in the XML body by {{variable_name}}

Using the example from the link I provided earlier. I’ve created variable called {{number}} and included this in the XML.