Galaxy APIs 101 POST not adding customers

When I run POST galaxy-apis-101.glitch.me/customer I get a valid return (200), congratulations and the next steps for PUT assignment. However, when I perform the PUT it mentions I need the specific ID of my added Customer. When I try to grab that data from GET Customers I don’t see my added submission. The POST command console shows valid data posted and as mentioned I get valid status code.

Hello @maintenance-geoscie3 ,
The entries made by POST can be consulted in GET “Get customers”, so when requesting “Get customers” it will display all registered records and you will be able to get the id :upside_down_face:

I hope it helped you :blush:

2 Likes

Hello @cmnazario ,
I am running into the same issue. I’ve update the Parameters and set the key value pair according to the instructions, but my attempts to add a “new” customer do not appear successful despite the 200OK message.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

@frazierdj1

The Galaxy APIs 101 course isn’t designed to catch you out.

Therefore, telling you exactly how to do something defeats the purpose of the training.

I can only recommend that you go back over the instructions carefully, and re-tread your steps. If needed start again from scratch.

Please note, if you are getting a 200ok message, then its not the API key that is the issue here. If you had the wrong details here, you would get an authentication error.

2 Likes