Does Postman Support AWS Signature V4?

I need to sign my postman requests to AWS. AWS signing is supported in the authorization tab. But I can’t find what version of signature it supports. It doesn’t seem to be mentioned in the docs either. Does it support AWS Signature V4?

Thanks,

ws

@warrenspencer1977

You shouldn’t have any issues using Postman’s AWS auth to sign your requests.
We are using it to directly call several different AWS services including, STS, DynamoDB, Cloudwatch, etc.
As long as you have the AccessKey and SecretKey set correctly it should work. If you are calling a service such as DynamoDB you also will need to set AWS Region and Service Name in order for the request to be signed correctly.
It took us a little while to figure out how to get each different service to work with Postman as weren’t many example online of how to do it with Postman.
If you’re having issues with a specific service let me know, we might have a solution.

Mick

Thanks Mick, it seems to work fine!

Hello Mick,

I know this is an older thread, but I am attempting to make a request to the MediaConvert service through Java and I managed to finally get everything right, except that my signature is not correct and Amazon’s docs are of little help. I noticed Postman makes requests to MediaConvert endpoint with no issues, is there any way I could see an example of the signature process Postman uses?

Thanks,Alexiz