"Could not get any response" Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT

All of my APIs are unreachable through Postman all of a sudden. I setup a quick test for the xkcd.com public api (http://xkcd.com/info.0.json) and I get the same thing. Console shows Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT. Bringing up that xkcd.com in a browser works fine so I donā€™t believe itā€™s a network issue. Postman version is Version 7.8.0.

Note the odd ā€œThere was an error connecting to .ā€

Could not get any response

There was an error connecting to .

Why this might have happened:

• The server couldnā€™t send a response:

Ensure that the backend is working properly

• Self-signed SSL certificates are being blocked:

Fix this by turning off ā€˜SSL certificate verificationā€™ in Settings > General

• Proxy configured incorrectly

Ensure that proxy is configured correctly in Settings > Proxy

• Request timeout:

Change request timeout in Settings > General

@steve4: Did you get this to work? Iā€™m getting the same issue.

Hi @steve4 @bipinkrishna15 - I was able to access the public API and would recommend you check if the proxy settings are configured rightly. Below is the screenshot for reference:

1 Like

It was an intermediate certificate error. Chrome, Firefox and Edge all indicated the certificate was fine, but when I tried curl from a command prompt it gave a warning about a bad certificate chain. Iā€™m guessing Postman is built off of curl so that was the reason. I reissued the certificate and reinstalled the intermediate certificates and the problem was solved.

1 Like

Go to Postman Settings General and increase the ā€œRequest Timeout in msā€ to something reasonable than default.