Connecting a database to Postman

Hello All,
How can i connect SQL developer to Postman?
Please help me!

Hey @nesrinej

You can’t directly connect Postman to a database, useless it has a set of HTTP endpoints that you can use to see/edit the data in the tables.

Hello @dannydainton
Thanks for the response,
Could you please tell me how can i edit my database from Postman ?
Best regards,
Nesrine

Does your database have an API that you can interact with?

For SQL developer I found this link

Not sure you have referred this already :slight_smile: Got this from this similar topic.

So here based on the documentation you need to create your requests in Postman. Which in turn will help you for read/write into your Database. Also you can check if there’s some existing collection of requests for Oracle database.

1 Like

There are collections for SQL DB connection in Postman.

Can you provide a bit more context on why you need a RESTful API service to connect to a Database? It’s not exactly the right tool for the job.

Hi @dannydainton
I would like to return the work that I’ve already done using SOAPUI with Postman.
With SOAPUI, I can make JDBC requests. but I don’t know how to do that with Postman.
Could you help me please !

I would like to return the work that I’ve already done using SOAPUI with Postman.
With SOAPUI, I can make JDBC requests. but I don’t know how to do that with Postman.
Could you help me please !

I don’t know anything about SOAPUI, they are 2 different applications with 2 different feature sets.

It looks like SOAPUI connects directly to a DB, Postman doesn’t do that.

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/functional/steps/jdbc-request.html

If the DB has an API that you can interact with then you could send requests to it and add/read/remove data from the tables but if it hasn’t, you won’t be able to.

Postman isn’t a database testing tool so anything to get it to interact with a database would just be a workaround.

thanks for your replay @dannydainton .
I use SQL Developer , but my REST Services menu not show up in SQL Developer :frowning_face:

Some links that might help you:

https://drill.apache.org/docs/use-postman-to-run-sql-queries-on-drill-data-sources/