User Feedback - Updating API Elements

We’re looking for feedback from users that are using the updating API element feature.

Please add to this thread for any issue you’ve encountered when validating your API elements against your schema or if you have any suggestion around the feature’s UX.

We’ll be summarising feedback as it comes in this first post. :slightly_smiling_face:

• FIXED - Endpoints added to the schema are not added to the collection (ref)
  • FIXED - If you have “variables” into root “servers” field then all endpoints will return “Request not found in schema…” message when trying to validate. (ref)
  • FIXED - If you have “parameters” or “responses” into root “components” field and use $ref on it in your endpoints, you will get “Headers not found in schema:” and “Response headers not found in schema:” messages when trying to validate.(ref)
  • FIXED - Integer and boolean fields will be converted to “field”: “” (“field”: “”). Sometimes the proposed fixes are incorrect (“field”: null) when trying to validate. (ref)
  • FIXED - When defining an API schema that uses root as it’s path, the collection generated causes collection schema validation error. (ref)
3 Likes

I posted in github PR but anyway replying here =)

Thanks guys, excellent feature.

Testing here, and for me, the new one’s methods/actions added in API doesn’t appear to include on updating the collection

1 Like

@scaloni thanks for the feedback! We are working on it and new endpoints will soon appear as updates to be added to the collection.

2 Likes

I tried to use this feature for my OpenApi 3.0 scheme but came across a lot of problems.

1. If you have “variables” into root “servers” field then all endpoints will return “Request not found in schema…” message when trying to validate.
Servers scheme
servers:
  - url: '{BASE_URI}/api'
    description: Development server
    variables:
      BASE_URI:
        default: http://example.com
        description: Server base URI
  1. If you have “parameters” or “responses” into root “components” field and use $ref on it in your endpoints, you will get “Headers not found in schema:” and “Response headers not found in schema:” messages when trying to validate.
  2. Integer and boolean fields will be converted to “field”: “<integer>” (“field”: “<boolean>”). Sometimes the proposed fixes are incorrect (“field”: null) when trying to validate.

I would really like to use this feature, but unfortunately it is not yet ready for use :disappointed:

Hey, I found out that when a new endpoint is being added from the validation web page, its responses aren’t added.

Hey @asafk, thanks for reporting here. We were unable to reproduce this issue. Would it be possible to share the schema and collection? It will help us in triaging the issue.

Hey @sshultchov, thanks for reporting here. We have identified the issues. This will be fixed soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I retried to reproduce it with a single request and couldn’t. I’ll update when it’ll happen again

Hey @sshultchov :slightly_smiling_face:

We’ve just pushed fixes that should solve the issues you were facing. Could you give it another try and let us know if it works as expected now?