TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'item') - getting this error on Day 08 : 15 days of postman challenge - for testes

Your question may already have an answer on the community forum. Please search for related topics, and then read through the guidelines before creating a new topic.

Here’s an outline with best practices for making your inquiry.

My question:
Hello Everyone,

I am working on 15 days challenge for tester and getting below errors on submitting collection for day 08

I am not able to understand what is problem here, as all my test in that folder is passing, but while submitting I am getting this error.

If anyone can shed light on this, what is problem here and how can it be solved?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am not yet much familiar with programming or in java script.

Details (like screenshots):

How I found the problem:

I’ve already tried:

1 Like

The problem is most likely to do with the “folder” variable being undefined.

It’s set a bit earlier via the following code.

let folder = parentFolder.item.find(fol => {return fol.name === "Variables and scripts" || fol.name == "Variables and scripts Copy"})

Can you confirm that the folder name is matching one of these exactly.

“Variables and scripts” or “Variables and scripts Copy”

This is also reliant on the parent folder being called “Output test results” which your screenshot appears to be ok with.

let parentFolder = collection.item.find(fol => {return fol.name === "Output test results"})
1 Like

Yes, Mike, there was problem with Folder name and I was able to identify it later… That problem is now resolved and I could finish that day exercise successfully.

Thank you for responding!