Autodesk Platform Services and Emerging Technologies team is seeking a passionate backend software engineer with AWS experience to join our Common Workspace team (Titan Squad) in Dublin. This is an opportunity to create amazing things and learn from some of the best in the industry.
- Experiment, learn, and grow
- Use the latest and greatest cloud technologies
- Deliver code that millions will use
- Mentor and be mentored
- Make key decisions
- Work with some of the smartest in the industry and teach us
Our team enables real-time data-centric experiences at scale to make a difference for all of those who imagine, design, and make our world.
Work in an Agile environment to design and develop REST APIs, web services, micro-services that is scalable, secure, resilient, and cost-efficient
Work with product owners, software architects and stakeholders to form technical solutions that meet business requirements
Be a subject matter expert in specific parts of a system
Take ownership of, and maintain complex modules
Communicate effectively and responsibly in an Agile environment
Recommend best practices around design and architecture
Participate and advise in code reviews.
Document and present your ideas and solutions accurately and thoroughly
Keep up to date with latest trends and technologies to anticipate future development needs and requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field with 5+ years of development experience in Java and software development frameworks like Spring
- Expertise and experience of developing web services, including REST, Async, event-driven APIs
- Backend development with Database interactions and knowledge of SQL (MySQL and Postgres) and NoSQL databases
- Experience in cloud services development with Amazon Web Services. Demonstrate senior-level experience with AWS services, specifically API Gateway, Lambda, SQS/SNS, Load Balancer, and databases (Aurora, DynamoDB).
- Hands-on with DevOps tooling such as Docker, Terraform, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Artifactory, Git, Spinnaker
- Experience using unit, functional, integration, and performance test to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Great communication skills and proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with other programming languages such as python, node js, Scala,
- Knowledge of API management solutions, such as Apigee.
- Experience and passion in designing and realizing highly available, resilient, secure, and durable platforms.
- Experience with observability solutions, i.e., monitoring and collecting telemetry data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience collaborating in a dispersed multicultural team to deliver projects, sometimes responsible for leading initiatives
- A perpetual learner and often find yourself ideating about new and improved ways of doing things and are confident to share your ideas with the rest of the engineering team.