Response data is not captured on the Newman report

Danny, I added the SSL certs, still its failing… How to find out why its failing?
C:\Users\vmdct>newman run https://www.getpostman.com/collections/$$$$ -e “C:\PSD2\API-C $$$$.postman_environment.json” --ssl-client-cert-list “C:$$$\ssl-client-cert-list.json”
newman

  1. $$ Basic Automation

□ Saving
└ Get Token using $$$ Grant
POST https://$$$$$$$/token [errored]
unable to verify the first certificate
2. Status code is 200x

Is this also failing?

newman run https://www.getpostman.com/collections/<id> -e "C:\PSD2\API-C $$$$.postman_environment.json" -k

We can go back and forth all day but I’m just going off guesswork here - I don’t know any of the context of what you’re doing so I honestly cannot tell you what’s happening for you and your collection.

This is more about a specific cert issue rather than anything to do with the app or with Newman.

hey, I’m also struggling with this today. Yeah the npm servers were down earlier when I tried to do an uninstall and install -g

but I’ve redone that and it’s all OK

but now I can only get html reports to work when running newman from command line

I get the ‘could not find htmlextra’ error when kicking it off inside a nodejs library.

JSON and CLI reporters work fine in the same library

Hey @testsignup125

Welcome to the community :wave:

I don’t believe that’s the same issue :thinking:

You need to install the htmlextra reporter as a dependency in that node project, to use it as a library.

Here some instructions, that are on the repo’s readme to create a basic node project and install the reporter.

The JSON and CLI reporter come with Newman so you don’t have to install anything other than Newman to use them.

thanks, yeah the npm server being down earlier threw me off big time.

I had to:

  • uninstall -s
  • uninstall -g
  • install -g
  • install -s

and I’m on npm version 6.13.6 so didn’t think -s was even necessary still

thanks for being available to help

Hi,
I am also getting samething response information is empty & working fine when i trigger manually via collection.
Postman : 7.34.0V
node JS : 12.18.0
node NPM : 6.02
html reporter : 1.19.4

Note : I reinstalled & installed again as mentioned in the comments even though i am getting empty response information.

Can u please help pout

What’s does that look like for you?

It’s easier to show screenshots of issues rather than trying to explain them with words :joy:

Hi Danny, PFA
(upload://6s02Ilq0Ge4oBpG1r5tSYwyHaqs.png)

I have reinstalled the newman & reporter but no luck.

Regards,
Ravi.Gimage

Can you share the collection that’s being run through Newman?

The reporter looks like it’s doing its job of creating a report after the run but it populates all that data from what Newman tells it.

What do you see if you use the CLI reporter in the console?

Are you seeing the completed request data being logged?