Query regarding Idea 3: Newman Dashboard

Hello Sir,

I am Manvir Singh. I am a second-year undergraduate student at Malaviya National Institute of Technology currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I am deeply interested in this project and I am recently worked on a new code generator for postman where I had come across Newman. I had a basic idea of how Newman works.
Moreover, I have been working with Javascript, HTML, and CSS for the last 4 years. So, I think I will able to do this project. Here’s my query:

I want to know that in this project we need to make a dashboard where users can upload a collection and code generator which can be tested using Newman with several other functionalities like users can start to stop pause and resume the Newman runs. Along with it users will also be able to add a specific JSON which they want to test with the code generator.

Can you please tell am I thinking in the right direction or there something I had missed or interpreted in the wrong way?

Hoping to hear from you soon.

@2019ucp1350
I doubt if the plan is to upload a collection and code generator.
But the rest is fine and you’re working in the right direction.

Then do we have to run the tests on the collections that are already present in the postman codegen repository?

Could you please help me in understanding how to run Newman using WebSockets?

Yeah mostly…
Basically you can use Sockets.io for the purpose.
Try integrating it in the Newman backend and create a frontend for the same.
That should work I guess.