Postman version 7.16.0 not supporting toString() when using CSV file for test validation

Hey team,

I was working on postman and testing the api’s. i was running collection using runner and passing csv file which contains my expected result and mapping it with the response body paramertes for assertion it was working fine until new update(v.7.16.0) role out, can anyone help me out in this and tell me way out thanks in advance

pm.test(“verify status”,function(){
pm.expect(jsondata.user.id).to.equel.(data.value.toString());

Hi @gagan.4345 and welcome to the community.
I just took a look at what I think you are attempting to do and it appears to be working for me in both v.7.15 and v.7.16 of the application.

This is a snippet of what I am trying based on what I think you are attempting to do as well:

pm.test("Verify status",function(){
   var jsonData = pm.response.json();
   pm.expect(jsonData[pm.info.iteration].id.toString()).to.equal(pm.iterationData.get("number").toString());
});

Let me know if this is not the case. If not can you provide us some more information and examples of your tests to help us better understand the issue?

Thanks.

@tmccann Thanks for your efforts and help, appreciate that. I have figured it out where i was making mistake not was the version issue actual issue was enviornment variable was picking garbage value or older value due to anonyms reason, but after clearing a cache of postman it was start working.

Thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

This is great to hear.
Glad you were able to get it working again :slight_smile: