Postman LIVE - Exploring Postman Collection Converters (August 11th, 2022)

Have you ever needed to convert your Postman collections into something else like OpenAPI Spec or even Markdown? :thinking:
@garrett.london has the lowdown :brain:

Join me this Thursday for another exciting Postman Livestream where I invite Technical Enablement Architect Garrett London and Developer Relations Engineer @Gbahdeyboh to give us an overview of three collection converters that will help convert your Postman collections into OpenAPI Spec, Markdown or JMeter. If there’s time, we may even give some tips on how to create your own!

LINK

In case you missed the last stream, @ianthepostmanaut invited Technical lead Joshua Wise and Design Engineer @postmankatikia to talk about the new gRPC features and improvements in Postman. Check it out!

We stream every Thursday at 11 AM Eastern / 8 AM Pacific over on YouTube , Twitch and LinkedIn!

Hey @kevinc-postman, @Gbahdeyboh, @garrett.london :wave:

We received this issue on GH from a user who was watching this stream - Mentioned that the convertor mentioned is throwing 500 errors.

Any chance that you could reach out to them and provide some more context about the usage of the lambda outside of that live stream? :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks Danny!

We will need to see what their collection looks like.
500 error could mean that the library isn’t parsing correctly.

2 Likes

The convertor worked for JMeter and Markdown.
Only for OpenAPI, it throwed the error.

Will try out and share the collection soon.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @srinivas.skc !

Thanks for following up with us on this. I took a look into AWS to see what kind of error we’re getting and it looks like perhaps there’s something up with the body of the response being sent?

ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE
errorMessage	
The “string” argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or ArrayBuffer. Received undefined
errorType	
TypeError
stack.0	
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The “string” argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or ArrayBuffer. Received undefined

Will definitely need to see what the collection looks like to troubleshoot further