Actually i had some doubts regarding the parallel iterations project.
As I interpreted it, I think the project proposes to:
- Introduce parallel run of the iterations using threads.
- The max no. of parallel runs will be specified by the user
I think of making this change in postman-runtime instead as that will help us all.
I think of using worker_threads and have a pool of threads running together which share common data like environment and globals. They communicate with each other through messages.
And as soon as a thread completes its iteration, it sends a message and hence it is freed and allotted a new iteration.
I have identified some challenges to this:
- Making the CLI give linear output
- Sharing of data
- Running Time
My questions are:
- Are there any more challenges you can add?
- Am I thinking in the right direction and Can I go ahead with this?
- Since this is a small project in itself, Can I combine it with another project idea?