Half of the requests in a new shared collection is lost

After searching for a while and not finding the right answer, here’s my situation.

I had numerous requests in a lot of collections. As I wanted to share them, I created a team workspace. Then I shared the collections with the team and rearranged the requests in one major collection with a folder hierarchy.

The work was done with user1. He finished his job with rearranging the requests on friday. Today (monday), user2 logged in and only found about half of the folders and requests. We searched the private and team collections of both users, the missing requests have not been found. The folders where the requests were located originally are empty.

We are using the latest version of Postman, synching the database with the web version which we access via the Chrome browser.

Any help is appreciated to either refind the lost requests or explanations, how the requests can be lost without deleting them when sharing them in a collection located on a team workspace.

Hi @pxprojekt!

Welcome to the community :wave:

Sorry to hear that you are facing the issue.

Would you please submit a request using the link below and we’ll take it from there?